The Australian Writers’ Guild (AWG) is seeking a part-time Branch Manager to oversee the operations and activities of the Western Australia Branch office and venue in Northbridge. The AWG is the national professional association for Australian performance writers — scriptwriters in screen, theatre and digital platforms. The Guild works to improve professional standards, conditions and remuneration for performance writers, protect and advance the creative rights of its members, and to promote the Australian cultural voice in all its diversity.
In WA, the AWG operates a small resource centre with office and meeting space for screenwriters, playwrights and other performance creatives in the arts sector. Working closely with the state committee and the National Office, the manager runs the Northbridge centre, and delivers member services and high level professional development opportunities for the screen, theatre and digital media sectors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the office and branch communications.
• Work with the WA State Committee, National Office and government agencies such as ScreenWest and the WA Department of Culture and the Arts to develop and deliver professional development programs;
• Manage the venue and tenants;
• Provide advice to members and others;
• Grow the membership base;
• Facilitate state committee meetings and prepare budgets and quarterly financial reports;
• Engage with stage and screen activities in WA and represent the AWG at sector meetings and forums;
• In consultation with the WA State Committee and National Office, respond to papers and briefings and prepare funding applications and acquittals;
• Develop and maintain networks and partnerships within the industry, across sectors and with government agencies;
• Work with the WA State Committee to develop and secure sponsorship opportunities.
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to independently prioritise when appropriate
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
• Basic word processing and Excel spread sheet skills
• Diligent record keeping and organisation skills
• Knowledge of the WA film and theatre sectors
• Fundraising and promotional experience
• Knowledge of electronic publishing and social media
• Background and/or experience in performance writing
SALARY AND CONDITIONS:
$31,500 per year (21 hours per week) plus superannuation entitlements.
The AWG’s William Street venue is near Perth’s cultural precinct — close to theatres and the State Library — and is a few minutes walk from Perth Central Railway Station.
The AWG offers a flexible, family-friendly work environment, and will give equal consideration to applications from those wishing to work part-time around school hours etc, although occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Please send CV (including 3 referees) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject heading of the email please write ‘WA Branch Manager (your) Surname’.
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm, 5 January 2015. For all enquiries please call the AWG WA Branch Office: (08) 9227 9885