Position: Camera operator and editor (creative all-rounder)
About us: Blue Clay Productions is a video production and advertising company operating in Sydney, Wagga Wagga, Canberra and the Illawarra. We are a young and dynamic team that is experiencing growth and we are now seeking a new team member for our Wagga office.
Established in 2010, BCP helps businesses build an online presence and get noticed. From concept to delivery, we look after every element of production to make the process easier and more cost effective for our clients. This includes event coverage, television commercials, online videos and full media campaigns.
Skills required: We are seeking a passionate creative who is a highly competent Adobe Premiere editor and camera operator. DSLR and Sony FS700 camera skills preferred along with some knowledge of using a jib and steadicam. Field producing and script writing skills also preferred.
We seek a creative that has a minimum of three years industry experience, has strong communication skills and is confident developing creative concepts within a team whilst also potentially pitching to clients.
Some sales and management duties may be required and will based on experience.
An open driver’s license (manual pref) is essential.
Package: Salary negotiable based on experience.
A government relocation grant of $10,000 may be available for NSW city residents.
For more information head to: http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/grants/rrg
Start date: February/March
Reports to: Managing Director, Laticia Gibson
Term: Initial 12 month full-time contract, 3 months probation
Location: Wagga Wagga NSW travel required both weekends and some overnights
Key external relationships: The person we are seeking must maintain positive relationships
with clients, local government, tourism and arts organisations and industry bodies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Capacity to liaise with clients
• The ability to work autonomously, solve problems, work under pressure and deadlines
• Excellent Adobe Premiere editing and Photoshop skills
• Excellent camera skills – DSLR and Sony FS700 (or similar)
• Colour grading and basic sound recording knowledge
• Filming and editing (eg TVC’s, online promotional films, documentaries etc)
• Work with producers, clients and management team to deliver project according to brief
• Maintain good relationships with clients and industry bodies
• Attend networking and client functions
• Work with the Managing Director and teams to develop creative concepts
• Maintain Blue Clay’s online presence through social media when out in the field.
Potential Duties based on experience:
• Seek and secure new clients (set sales targets may apply)
• Develop creative concepts (with MD) and pitch to clients
• Creative rollout – Script writing, storyboarding, development and execution (field and post production)
• Manage projects including client relationships, staff/crew and budgets
• Marketing including social media platforms
Applications close 5pm on 20th January 2014.
Please send a resume with two referees and a cover letter addressing the essential requirements of the position to: email@example.com
For more information, please contact:
0413 342 735