We’re looking for a Chief Hairdresser to oversee and organise the hair department for a feature film production located in Sydney, NSW. We are currently in pre-production and will be shooting in May 2014. This position is a deferred payment, although is a great opportunity for student graduates to gain experience in the film industry.
The role must be filled by someone who is organised, a hard worker, innovative, enthusiastic work ethic and has good time management.
You must be hands-on from start to finish, work on a tight budget, good at managing relationships and the pressures and responisbilities required on set.
Key Skills include:
• hairdressing skills including: cutting, waving, straightening, colouring, perming, setting, applying extensions, braiding, shaving
• altering, setting, dressing, and applying wigs and hairpieces
• effective communication and diplomacy skills
• excellent organisational skills
• good presentation skills
• ability to work effectively as part of a team
• ability to work under pressure to external and departmental deadlines
• knowledge of the requirements of the relevant Health and Safety legislation and procedures.
Location: Sydney, Australia
Payment details: expenses paid
Please send the following to: email@example.com
• Cover Letter