Symmetry Media is a multi award-winning commercial film and video production company based in Sydney’s busy production precinct. We are seeking an early-career post-production person to join our team as a junior editor / production assistant to complement the existing team, to start in mid-October.
This is an entry-level position suitable for a film graduate or emerging professional and will be a full-time permanent role upon successfully completing the paid trial period of 12 weeks.
In this exciting position you will divide your time between editing and/or motion graphics projects day to day, and assisting our head producer doing research, making crew and equipment bookings, executing odd-jobs, administrative and office maintenance tasks.
Starting salary will be $40,000 + super
On the commercial side of the company our clients have included global brands such as Johnson & Johnson, Intel, The Salvation Army and Toshiba, and we have worked with many of Australia’s largest and most daring marketing agencies, including Clemenger, Ogilvy, Royals and Iris Worldwide. On the creative side we have a number of feature film properties in development with Australian and US talent.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ingesting, editing and archiving of video projects end to end.
• Executing motion graphics projects (non-essential)
• Weekly backups
• Assisting in sourcing and booking of equipment, crew and resources online, researching etc.
• Miscellaneous office tidying and maintenance in quiet periods
• Running errands
The successful applicant will have all of the following:
• Very high attention to detail
• An ability to interpret feedback effectively and use lateral thinking
• Advanced Mac computer skills
• Superb communication, both written and verbal
• Solid time management and organisational skills
• Strong familiarity with Adobe Premiere
• A passion for film, marketing or the creative industries
Motion graphics experience in After Effects or colour grading in Da Vinci Resolve will be a major plus, but not essential.
This early-career role is suitable for someone committed to a future in post-production, who is interested in developing their skills in a dynamic and fast-growing business.
Maybe you have just finished an internship working for another production house, or maybe you’ve been freelancing in assistant editing/graphics roles and want to develop your skills to become a fully-fledged post-production champion.
Please include ” Full-time Junior Editor / Production Assistant Role – Metro Screen” in the subject line of your email and send us:
• A 1-2 page CV and cover letter summarising your experience, useful skills, education, your software and hardware competencies, and at least two references.
• Links to your best work.
Please send your application directly to email@example.com
Applications close on Sunday 4 October 2015. This role is open only to those with the legal rights to work in Australia.