Symmetry Media is an award-winning commercial film and video production company based near Screen Australia’s Lindfield Studios. We are seeking a production/office admin assistant to complement the existing team, to start immediately.
This is an entry-level position suitable for a graduate or emerging professional and will be a full-time permanent role after a paid trial period of 12 weeks.
In this position you will assist the head producer and director in managing the daily logistical, communication and financial requirements of the business.
On the commercial side of the company our clients have included global brands such as Johnson & Johnson, Intel, The Salvation Army and Toshiba, and we have worked with many of Australia’s largest marketing agencies. On the creative side we have a number of feature film properties in development with Australian and US talent.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Sourcing and booking of equipment, crew and resources online
• Preparation of project brief documents for campaigns, as well as pitch materials for our feature film/TV projects in development
• Attending regular meetings with clients and creative talent, taking notes
• Managing crew calendars and project to-do lists
• Administration of company social media presence
• Miscellaneous cleaning and office maintenance
• Running errands
• Creation and issuing of project budgets, quotations, invoices, schedules and production checklists
• Working in our accounting system Xero—filing paperwork and receipts, reconciling bank statements etc.
The successful applicant will have all of the following:
• A very high attention to detail
• Strong Mac computer skills
• Superb communication, both written and verbal
• Solid time management and organisational skills
• Familiarity with MS Excel and Word, with some basic maths/financial concepts
• A passion for film, marketing or the creative industries
• A valid drivers licence
Familiarity with Adobe software such as Photoshop and InDesign will be a plus, but is not required.
This early-career, non-creative role is suitable for someone committed to a future in production management, administration or producing in the film or marketing industries.
Maybe you have just finished an internship working for another production house, or maybe you’ve been freelancing in assistant roles and want to develop your skills to eventually manage projects.
Please include ‘Full-time Production Assistant / Office Admin Role – Metro Screen’ in the subject line of your email and send us:
• A max 1-2 page CV and cover letter summarising your experience, skills, education, your software competencies and at least two references.
• If possible, samples of production, marketing or financial documents you have prepared previously (budgets, callsheets, etc)
Applications close Friday 10 April 2015. Please send your application directly to email@example.com