Deadline Tuesday 7th October
Producers: Pitch your way to your first industry deal
Emerging Producers, this is your chance to get in front of industry heavy weights at Screen Forever 2014 and win $3000 to take your project to the next level. Submit a 3 minute video pitch for your idea [via password protected vimeo link] – grab a phone, an iPad or your mate’s camera and sell us your dream transmedia project, TV or feature film concept. Work it! The Dream Accelerator program is presented by Metro Screen in association with the Screen Producers Australia and is open to NSW residents only.
- Step 1 – Video your 3 minute pitch & email a password protected Vimeo link with your contact details to email@example.com with subject heading Dream Accelerator 2014 by Tuesday 7 October, 2014.
- Step 2 – Metro Screen industry experts will select 3 hot projects from the videos.
- Step 3 – The top 3 selected projects will be invited to pitch in front of an experienced industry panel at the Metro Screen studios in late October.
- Step 4 – The winner will become the NSW state finalist to pitch at the Grand Final at Screen Forever in Melbourne
(16 – 19 November).
- Step 5 – The NSW Finalist will be flown down to Screen Forever in Melbourne, to pitch against the other state finalists in the Holding Redlich Pitching Competition in front of VIP Industry delegates.
- Step 6 – The overall winner receives a $3000 cash prize plus one full registration to Screen Forever Conference 2015.
Things to talk about
- What is your project? Can you sum it up in one line?
- Who is the audience and what is the timeslot and broadcast platform?
- How will it get funded in the current Australian entertainment ecosystem?
- Who is your team? What makes them special?
- What makes your project special?
- Be prepared.
- Think about the impression you want to make.
- Interact with your audience.
- Time your pitch.
- Keep it concise and don’t get lost in the detail.