Congratulations Rosie Lourde and Peter Ireland who secured our Emerging Producer Placements for 2015.
Metro Screen has partnered with Screen NSW to launch the new Emerging Producer Placement (EPP) program. The EPP is designed to identify and support a new generation of emerging producers in NSW and advance their careers in screen.
Two emerging producers are selected and paid to participate in a six month industry placement (three days per week), essential mentoring, skills development and networking program.
They spend the majority of the time with production companies and additional time at Screen NSW and attending key industry events. They also work with a consultant to plan their career pathway.
Selected producers are individually mentored, with a focus on developing their skills and networks in their chosen field of interest. They also receive career development guidance with a film industry careers consultant.
This is an incredible opportunity for emerging producers to gain high level experience with Australia’s top production companies across film, television, online and transmedia, learning to asses ideas, write budgets and script reports, and sit in on development workshops within a live production and development funding environment at Screen NSW.
Placements are fully supported by Screen NSW, with each successful applicant to receive $14,750 plus superannuation over the six month period. Travel and expenses related to networking events and career advice will also be covered as part of the program.
- Applicants must be Permanent Residents of Australia, residing in NSW.
- Applicants must have at least two producer credits on short form screen works that have received strong audience response and/or industry acclaim.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated commitment to pursing a career as a screen producer.
- The EPP is for early career producers only. Applicants with feature film or substantial television credits are not eligible.
- Applicants must be available to commit three days per week from the end of May to December 2015.
- Metro Screen and Screen NSW employees are not eligable to apply (please note that applications to the Emerging Filmmaker Fund are open to successful EPP candidates).
The EPP Provides
- $14,750 plus superannuation to successful applicants paid over the course of the placement
- Six weeks within the Production and Development Team at Screen NSW during a development funding round.
- Six month customised program, the majority of which is spent with production companies, with additional time at Screen NSW and attending key industry events. Selected producers will also work with a consultant to plan their career pathway.
- Mentorship by a producer at the selected production company, and supervision by a Screen NSW development executive.
- Industry networking opportunities including paid attendance at the SPA Screen Forever conference, and additional events to the value of $500.
- A career development action plan will be developed in conjunction with a professional creative careers consultant.
Timeline for Successful Applicants
Deadline for applications: 30 April, 2015
Successful applicants notified: Mid May 2015
- May 27 to December 2015
- Three days per week
- Download the application form and complete in full, including your personal statement. This must be submitted along with a current CV by the closing date.
- Provide links to your previous work (where applicable)
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Applications will be assessed by a panel of industry representatives, including Screen NSW and Metro Screen executives. We will advise applicants of the success or otherwise of their application. FAQ
For more information call David Opitz during business hours on (02) 9356 1818.