METRO APPS LAB | WORKSHOP
Build the next hit mobile App with expert practical support from industry mentors. There are 12 scholarship places available for participants with basic HTML experience and a great idea to develop and launch a mobile app in to the marketplace. Workshops will be held at Metro Screen on 1st, 8th, 15th, 19th, 29th of June 2012 with a public demonstration for successful projects on 5th July 2012 at the Seminar.
The Workshops will be led by industry experts including:
- Oliver Weidlich, Co-Founder, Mobile Experiences
- Sara Delpopolo, Founding Principal, Axis Legal
- Mick Liubinskas, Co-Founder of Polleniser & Web Startups
- Jason Furnell, Experience Design Consultant, Thoughtworks
- Rick Gleave, Mobile Director, Fairfax Digital
- Niki Scevak, Founder, Starmate
- Jennifer wilson, Director, The Project Factory
- John Allsopp, Co-Founder, Web Directions
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
If you have a great idea for a mobile app, here is your chance to get it to market. It’s one thing to have an idea, and another thing entirely to build and launch your app. Marketers, content creators, dreamers – all have a chance to benefit from the mobile apps revolution. The apps store and market place makes it possible to launch your idea globally with low overheads.
Metro Screen makes it possible, with the first ever workshop on building, marketing, distributing and commercialising your app.
Now for the million dollar question: Why don’t you have a mobile application?
This workshop is generously supported by Screen NSW.
The Metro Apps Lab Workshop is designed to give you the skills to develop and launch your own mobile app. You will receive expert practical support from industry mentors, while working in a lab with access to resources to help make it happen.
- Stress test your concept with the assistance of developers and business mentors
- Have the skills to develop in a cross platform environment with development tools
- Understand the submission process
- Our aim is to get you to the testing stage at a minimum, but ultimately to help you to submit your app to the relevant store or marketplace.
TIMELINE/SCHEDULE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for applications:
***DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MONDAY 21 MAY 2012***
Successful applicants notified:
Wednesday 16 May 2012
June 1, 8, 15, 19, 29 from 9.15am – 5.00pm
July 5 (At the Metro Apps Lab Seminar)
Applicants MUST have:
- A working knowledge of HTML coding
- An initial concept for an app:
What it is
What genre – gaming, utility/service such as business health & wellbeing, content services, music
Who is the market/audience
What is the need/gap in the market/point of difference
- Individual applicants are preferred but teams may apply, i.e. matching someone with coding ability to a designer
- Be available to attend all masterclasses
- Complete the application and submission form, and supply a short bio and outline of your experience together with any links to recent work
Application fee $330 (incl GST) made possible with the kind support of Screen NSW who subsidise this Workshop series to the value of $2000 per project.
Applications are treated in the strictest confidence, and will be assessed by Metro Screen’s Projects and Production Manager, as well as a panel of industry members. Numbers are strictly limited to no more than 12 participants.