The Metro Screen Dream Accelerator Program
Pitch your way to the red carpet
This is your chance to get in front of industry investors at Cannes, MIPCOM or SXSW Interactive as well the SPAA Conference, Cockatoo Island Film Festival and Metro Screen alumni. Submit a 3 minute [private] video pitch for your idea, grab a phone, an iPod or your mate’s camera and sell us your dream transmedia project, TV or feature film concept. Metro Screen can take you all the way to the international red carpets where dreams can become careers with the funding and support to make it happen. Work it! The Dream Accelerator program is presented by Metro Screen in association with the Screen Producers Association of Australia (SPAA) and is open to NSW residents only.
- Step 1 – Video your 3 minute pitch & email a password protected Vimeo link with your contact details to email@example.com by 27 August, 2012.
- Step 2 – Metro Screen industry experts will select 3 hot projects (September)
- Step 3 – The top 3 selected projects will be invited to pitch in front of experienced industry experts at Metro Screen (September)
- Step 4 – The winner will become the NSW state finalists pitching against the other 5 state finalists at SPAA Fringe at the Cockatoo Island Film Festival. This round will determine who will go through to the National Competition (24 – 28 October)
- Step 5 – The 3 Semi-Finalists will be flown down to SPAA2012 in Melbourne, to pitch in the Holding Redlich Pitch Competition front of 600+ Industry delegates! (13 November)
- Step 6 – The winner receives a return economy airfare for one to the Cannes Film Festival or a TV market of their choice in 2013 and a $1500 cash prize plus free registration to SPAA2013. (2012 – 2013)
Things to talk about
- What is your project?
- Who are the audience, timeslot and broadcaster?
- How will it get funded in the current Australian landscape?
- Who is your team? What makes them special?
- Be prepared.
- Think about the impression you want to make.
- Interact with your audience.
- Time your pitch.
- Keep it concise and don’t get lost in the detail.