METRO SCREEN is looking for an energetic and attentive person to work in a support role in our Hire and Post Production department on Wednesdays 9am–5pm and Fridays 10am – 6pm.
Working across all aspects of film, TV, online and portable media Metro Screen provides a creative environment for skills development and invaluable hands-on experience for new, emerging and professional talent. Metro Screen services include a professional hire and post-production department servicing emerging, independent and commercial screen media practitioners.
Applicants for this position will have demonstrated skills in digital media and video production with hands-on experience using production equipment. Knowledge of and experience in compression and digital workflows, advanced computer skills and non-linear editing experience is an advantage.
The position involves working in a shop front environment to support the technical and logistical operations of the organisation as well as commercial clients. Applicants must be able to manage their time well while working unsupervised, and have an eye for detail. Customer service is a key element of the position. Applicants must be confident and effective communicators when liaising with clients, students and tutors.
The rate is $20 per hour [plus superannuation for sole traders] for a 15-hour week with the potential for additional hours from time to time. Metro Screen is located in the Paddington Town Hall. Applicants should provide a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria. A registered ABN is required.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST ADDRESS EACH OF THE SELECTION CRITERIA
- Knowledge of and experience in video production equipment
- Understanding of non-linear post production, digital media delivery and compression formats
- Advanced computer skills [Mac-based platform] and familiarity with file management protocols
- Experience in administration or customer service
- Ability to use initiative, problem solve and identify critical issues
- Enthusiastic, flexible and reliable team player
- Experience in a technical support role, preferably in training or educational environment
- An interest in film, television and/or digital media industries
APPLICATIONS & ENQUIRIES:
Contact Leigh Ockey: email@example.com or 02 9356 1818
Closing date: Monday 22nd June 2015 (close of business)