As Harvey Weinstein declared in his keynote speech last week at the London BFI Film Festival “One of the great problems that our industry faces is piracy and piracy on the internet.”
Metro Screen, the NSW film, TV and digital media industry hub is hosting an industry debate Wednesday 7 November, 6.30 – 8.00pm at the Chauvel Cinema in Paddington. Each speaker will have 5 minutes to speak to the proposition:
That all content should be made available to everyone, everywhere, immediately.
Speakers include a broad range of expert opinions:
– Marc Fennell Film Critic and host of Radio National technology program ‘Download This Show’
– Lori Flekser Executive Director, Intellectual Property Awareness Foundation
– Adrianne Pecotic CEO, Independent Cinema Association of Australia
– Tim Parsons COO, Quickflix
– Rodney Serkowski Founder, Pirate Party Australia
The debate will be moderated by Carolyn Dalton, Executive Director of Policy Australia and one of Australia’s best known and well respected policy lawyers and strategic thinkers. Screen Australia’s Chief Operating Officer, Fiona Cameron will overview findings about online audience trends and connections to illegal downloading based on recent research projects Beyond The Box Office and What To Watch.
Buy Tickets >
Read More >