At the colourful launch of The Film Crowd last night, writer, actor and director Brendan Cowell and contemporary video artist Shaun Gladwell spoke about their current projects and love for film, along with Sydney Film Festival’s Festival Director Nashen Moodley. They were joined by 150 enthusiastic film supporters for drinks and conversation at Alaska Projects in Kings Cross, to open Sydney Film Festival’s brand new philanthropic initiative.
“I am very pleased that we are offering this new level of supporter a more involved Festival experience. The Film Crowd is an excellent way for lovers of cinema to connect with the festival in a more profound way,” said Festival Director Nashen Moodley.
Joining The Film Crowd gives enthusiasts a chance to support and contribute to Sydney Film Festival’s continued success and passion for world-class cinema. It will unite film enthusiasts for a more dynamic Festival experience with special insider access to exclusive events and other ‘Crowd’ perks:
• Invitations to the Director’s Picks. Hear directly from Festival Director Nashen Moodley on the must see films of the Festival.
• Invitations to the Filmmaker Party.
• An official Festival Program in your letterbox.
• A 10% discount on the purchase of a Festival Flexipass.
• Other special Sydney Film Festival invitations.
The Film Crowd is Sydney Film Festival’s second philanthropic initiative adding to its Patron program, The Director’s Cut. The Film Crowd involvement is $350 (with $300 being tax deductible).