This FREE Korean film night is held at the Korean Cultural Office in Sydney. Each week look out for exciting cultural activities, try new and tasty Korean snacks, listen to introductions by film experts, and jump into the world of Hallyu in our photobooth! Share your experiences on our Facebook and you could win Korean DVDs, latest K-pop albums, books and more!
Like us at facebook.com/cinemaonthepark
March/April 2014 Programme:
A THRILL A MINUTE
Crime thrillers that pack a punch and heist hits with a comedic twist as we present both the dark alleys and light-hearted romps of Korean cinema. The crime thriller is a genre that the Korean industry has become widely known for today, and this is your chance to observe a variety of films that play with the conventions of that genre. But first make sure to strap in!
– Mar 13th Montage 몽타주 (2013) Australian premiere
– Mar 20th A Company Man 회사원 (2012) Australian premiere
– Mar 27th Running Turtle 거북이 달린다 (2009) Australian premiere
– Apr 3rd Twilight Gangsters 육혈포강도단 (2010) Australian premiere
Extraordinary tales of everyday families that focus on Korean communities both locally and internationally. Features stories from Korean-American filmmakers Kim So-yong (Treeless Mountain) and Christine Yoo (Wedding Palace), Korean-Canadian documentarian Emmanuel Moonchil Park (My Place), and a former graduate of the Australian Film, Television and Radio School, Jeong Yoon-cheol (Marathon). The films ask us questions of family and identity in this multicultural and multinational society.
– Apr 10th Treeless Mountain 나무없는 산 (2008)
– Apr 17th Marathon 말아톤 (2005)
– Apr 24th Wedding Palace (2013) Australian premiere
– May 1st My Place 마이 플레이스 (2013) Australian premiere
To book either call 8267-3477 or book online here:
* Bookings open 2 weeks prior to the screening date.
* Bookings of more than 4 should call to confirm seat availability.
Where: Korean Cultural Office, 255 Elizabeth Street, Sydney
6pm: Doors open
6pm to 6.30pm: Snack Bar
6.30pm: Film screening