This FREE Korean film night is held at the Korean Cultural Office in Sydney. Each week look out for exciting cultural activities, try new and tasty Korean snacks, listen to introductions by film experts, and jump into the world of Hallyu in our photobooth! Share your experiences on our Facebook and you could win Korean DVDs, latest K-pop albums, books and more!
Like us at facebook.com/cinemaonthepark
May/June 2014 Programme:
Romance flicks with a twist in a program highlighting emerging indie filmmakers and an expert at the trade, Hong Sang-soo. These films include comedy and romance, but are not your traditional rom-com with characters that have true emotions, relationships that are complex and storylines with non-linear structures.
– May 8th Sunshine Love 썬샤인 러브 (2013) Australian premiere
– May 15th Romance Joe 로맨스 조 (2012) Australian premiere
– May 22nd Nobody’s Daughter Haewon 누구의 딸도 아닌 해원 (2013)
– May 29th Dear Dolphin 환상속의 그대 (2013) Australian premiere
IN FOCUS: KIM KI-DUK
A retrospective on Korea’s most internationally successful and yet controversial director, Kim Ki-duk. Kim’s films are known for their limited dialogue, harsh content and beautiful scenary, rewarding those that wish to be taken on a cinematic ride like no other.
– Jun 5th Address Unknown 수취인불명 (2001)
– Jun 12th Bad Guy 나쁜 남자 (2002)
– Jun 19th Samaritan Girl 사마리아 (2004)
– Jun 26th Pieta 피에타 (2012)
To book either call 8267-3477 or book online here:
* Bookings open 2 weeks prior to the screening date.
* Bookings of more than 4 should call to confirm seat availability.
Where: Korean Cultural Office, 255 Elizabeth Street, Sydney
6pm: Doors open
6pm to 6.30pm: Snack Bar
6.30pm: Film screening