Metro Apps Lab | Seminar
Screen NSW and Metro Screen presents a one day seminar on how to make the most of mobile apps as part of your marketing mix and business strategy. Speakers will show you how to deliver the best experience for your audience, understand the mobile apps environment, develop briefs, launch strategies and measure success. Thursday 5 July 2012, The Auditorium Surry Hills.
About the seminar
With half a million apps on sale in the App store, and 25 billion apps downloaded (Apple March 2012), it’s an app world. The top 10 free apps include useful services and utilities such as eBay and Skype, as well as games like Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja. The app store provides an unprecedented opportunity for small and large businesses to test and receive direct feedback at an affordable price, and to gain a global audience for content, services or software.
Metro Screen presents a one-day seminar investigating the future of mobile apps with industry experts on Thursday 5th July, 2012 in Surry Hills. This seminar will show you how to develop an effective strategy for your mobile app and clearly outline what you’ll need to give it the best chance of success. It is most relevant to heads of marketing, knowledge management, IT, communications, business development and strategy, but is of course open to all participants interested in developing an app for business, entertainment and gaming.
First round of confirmed speakers to be announced includes:
- Alex Danilo, Developer Advocate, Google
- Oliver Weidlich, Co-Founder, Mobile Experiences
- Tim Parsons, CTO, Quickflix
- Paul Buchanan, Head of Mobile Business, PayPal Australia
- Manuela Davidson, Mobile Executive Producer, ABC
- Alex Burke, Managing Director, TigerSpike Asia Pacific
- John Allsopp, Co-Founder, Web Directions
- Jeff Julian, Hollywood Art Director & Futurist, Monkeysac
- Kate Cass, Founder, Scan2List
- Jamie Connaghyam, Managing Director, Tapit
- Simon Goodrich, Managing Director, Portable Content
- Lynda Kelly, Manager Online, Australian Museum
- Michela Ledwidge, Director, Mod Productions
- Justin Baird, Group Innovation Director, Jumptank (Aegis Media Asia Pacific)
- Claudia Sagripanti Director, VentureOne & CEO, Digital Nation
- Paul Alex Gray Co-Founder & Chief Marketing Officer, Bubble Gum Interactive
- Melissa Firth Manager Digital Product Development, ABC
The program will cover the following areas, with the full line-up of speakers to be announced in May:
- How to get started: from concept to getting through the gatekeeper / the app store
- What you need to consider to ensure a great experience for consumers
- Making sure your app is found: marketing & discovery
- Pricing and launch strategies
Build the next hit mobile app – Workshop Series
12 Scholarship places are now open for application to participants interested in developing a mobile app from concept to launch in a series of 5 workshop days in June. Participants will be assisted in the development of their app by industry-hardened mentors and practitioners. These workshops are suitable for people who are not developers but want to build and market a great app on iPhone, Android, HTML5 or Windows Phone 7 app platforms.
37 Reservoir Street Surry Hills NSW 2010
Thursday 5 July 2012, 8.30am registration – 5.00pm close
$79 early bird discount applies until 31 May / $99 general admission