Fox International Channels—home of global factual and entertainment television brands such as National Geographic Channel and FX—are looking for an experienced Promo Producer to join their National Geographic Channel team. The role is based in East Sydney and will allow the successful candidate to grow and develop their skills so they can help the team advance in this fast moving space of subscription television.
We are looking for a self-motivated team player with a proven track record in creative initiatives. Strong attention to detail is a must. Your confident and professional manner will enable you to liaise effectively with all members of the team.
You will have previous experience in the media industry, writing, producing and directing on-air promotions. You will also have experience in TV production/advertising or as a Promo Producer, with a strong knowledge and understanding of production and post-production processes. With exceptional organisational skills and close attention to detail, you are able to work unsupervised and juggle multiple tasks at once.
This exciting role is an opportunity to work with high-end programing to develop dynamic promotional campaigns for an internationally-recognised channel brand.
• Conceive, write, direct and edit on-air promos and other on-air materials
• Direct voiceover talent and oversee promos through the graphic and audio postproduction stages
• Take responsibility for the delivery of promos to tight deadlines while adhering to brief and channel brand guidelines
• Direct shoots both in-house and on-location
• Uphold the high production values of the channel
• Produce digital marketing materials and sales reels where required
• Participate in channel meetings to develop and expand the channel’s identity and promotional strategy
• At least three years’ experience as a promo producer or similar role
• A proven record of creative excellence in short form post production
• The ability to follow a creative brief and develop high-quality promotions that drive ratings
• Strong storytelling, scriptwriting and script-editing skills
• Advanced editing skills (Final Cut Pro) and a robust knowledge of production and post-production processes
• Experience directing talent—both voice-over and on-screen
• Knowledge of both production and commercial music and an understanding of music licensing
• Ability to work on your own initiative and collaboratively within a team environment
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to take feedback and act on it where appropriate
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
• Flexibility to handle multiple projects and conflicting deadlines
• Adaptability to grow as responsibilities increase
Candidates must have the right to work in this country
Please email your application to Amanda Rogers: FIC.Syd.Recruitment@fox.com
Applications close Friday 29 August 2014