Don’t want that typical run of the mill television internship, running errands and getting coffee? Come feed your curiosity and get hands on to succeed in the TV industry. We’re announcing the filming of RUMPUSOZ, a national innovation challenge for budding Australian entrepreneurs developing next generation health and wellbeing products. RUMPUSOZ is documented in a six-part observational documentary produced for online and television filming from April to September 2015.
We’re seeking emerging filmmakers from film school, Uni or TAFE to assist as DOPS, location sound mixers, production managers and coordinators working with our experienced television and online producers. If you’re based in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, a team player, eager to learn, always wanting to be ahead of the game, and proud to admit your guilty pleasure is observational documentary? Then let’s talk!
You would be required to:
- Take a creative brief and direction from the RUMPUSOZ production team.
- Coordinate filming dates and times with relevant parties, with the assistance of the producers.
- Take the lead on filming broadcast quality video and recording sound for observational documentary coverage.
- Export video to the required production formats for delivery to the production office.
- Have access to the necessary camera and sound equipment (open to all formats).
This is an unpaid position. We anticipate your engagement will require approximately 20-40 hours (more if you’re keen) and ideally you would be available to volunteer on weekends and nights if required.
This is an opportunity for emerging filmmakers looking to be mentored and work with an experienced broadcast television and online production team; to build on their portfolio of work in observational documentary; to gain contacts across industry networks and, of course, all important screen credits.
If you’re eager to be part of our documentary team, or have other production skills to offer, submit a brief resume and short show reel link via email to Leigh Angus email@example.com