Calling Sydney based SFX Creature Designers
BUNYIP is a micro budget creature feature set in NSW, Australia. We are gearing up to shoot our final creature pick ups in January 2014 and we need to bring together a team of talented SFX gurus and artistic mad geniuses to modify existing prac creature elements and build the remaining suit.
Be warned: We’re out to make a Creature which will live on in our fans imaginations long after our run at the cinema and film festivals is done.
Like our many of our favourite filmmakers who have gone before us, this is a mission into DIY Practical Creature FX where innovation is KING so we’re looking for someone who can:
– come up with “out-of-the-box”, micro budget solutions
– work w a variety of methods and materials from latex to found objects, whatever it takes to bring this creature alive onscreen
– someone with practical hands on experience building creatures AND practical hands on production design experience for film or theatre AND/OR practical arts in a related field like sculpture
– a genius who is not afraid to innovate, work alone and in a team environment and will be driven to work on this bad boy until our BUNYIP is as scary as it can be!
– be available for weekend workshopping days with the director and creative team in late January, and a 3-day shoot (Fri, Sat, Sun) in early Feb
Apply by sending your 1 page CV, web links and / or a few select images of prior kick ass monster creations to: email@example.com