It’s on again – Storyology – the Walkleys media event of the year kicks off in Sydney on 1 December 2014. For four days, a star-studded line-up of journopreneurs, creators and thinkers will be appearing in Sydney to share their ideas.
Don’t miss out! The main program for this fantastic event has just launched – visit www.walkleys.com/storyology to see what’s happening and check out the full list of fantastic speakers.
Storyology features the biggest-ever pool of international media talent in Australia, all focused on the same goal: to build a sustainable and creative journalism industry for the 21st century.
International speakers include:
- Ben Smith (USA), editor-in-chief of BuzzFeed and one of the most talented and admired scoop-mongers in the game
- Femi Oke (USA), host of The Stream, Al Jazeera English, harnesses social media from all corners of the world to deliver gripping news stories
- Kevin Davis (USA), CEO and Executive Director, Investigative News Network, who knows how to access the best revenue streams for non-profit organisations
- Vivian Schiller (USA), who has made a career straddling the intersection of social media and news leading Twitter, NPR, NBC News and more
- Maria Ressa (Philippines), CEO of Rappler and instigator of social change in the Philippines
- Madhu Trehan (India), founder and editor of NewsLaundry, an innovative news platform in India
And that’s just for starters! The full speaker list and program, including a huge array of Australian talent, can now be viewed online at www.walkleys.com/storyology
- Writer’s Block – the biggest obstacle to innovation is journalists’ thinking – Neal Mann
- Adapt or Perish – Innovation trends in Australia and Beyond – Peter Williams
- Silicon Dreaming – The lay of the land in the startup scene – Kevin Davis
- Free Range Journalism – Debra Jopson
- This Freelance Life – Fiona Harari
At Storyology, you’ll become future-ready:
- Discover new tools for storytelling in different ways that engage your audience more than ever before.
- Learn how to break out of the silo and repackage your talents to make the most of this Brave New World.
- Hear from hard-core investigative journalists why investigative journalism is more important than ever, and how to do it.
Visit www.walkleys.com/storyology now to grab your ticket.