National competition to find the Australia representative to attend the MPA CICE Film Workshop in Beijing 2011.
Only one Australian will participate in this unique opportunity, and to get there you need to win The National Pitch 2011 held 12 October and brought to you by Screen Development Australia [SDA].
State based competitions were held by SDA’s which includes Metro Screen [NSW], Media Resource Centre [SA], Open Channel [VIC], Film and Television Institute [WA], QPIX [OLD] and Wide Angle Tasmania [TAS].
- Dee Dee Shi Queensland – QPIX
- Benjamin Clarke – Tasmania – Wide Angle
- Brendan Skinner – South Australia – Media Resource Centre
- Maria Tran – New South Wales- Metro Screen
- Jehan Ratnatunga – Victoria – Open Channel
- Camille Chen – Western Australia – Film and Television Institute
The National Pitch Judging Panel:
- Jan Chapman – Jan Chapman Films
- Vincent Sheehan – Porchlight Films
- Richard Payten – Transmission Films
- Stephen Jenner – Motion Picture Association
- Chris Oliver – Screen Australia
What is the MPA CICE Film Workshop Beijing 2011:
The Motion Picture Association [MPA] Asia Pacific partners with the China International Copyright Expo [CICE] to host the MPA-CICE Film Workshop in Beijing this December.
This workshop brings together senior international, Chinese film industry professionals and emerging filmmakers from across the Asia/Pacific region to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas on the craft, business and technology of filmmaking. The workshop also provides an opportunity for filmmakers to develop their careers, build networks and potentially collaborate on new projects. Similar competitions are being held to select the representatives from the 13 other territories in the Asia Pacific. On the second day of the workshop a pitching competition is held with this years prize is yet to be announced.
MPA CICE FILM WORKSHOP 2011, Supported by MPA, AFACT, MPDA and Screen Australia