Kalido is a creative and digital services agency with technology and innovation at our core.
Kalido brings together the full spectrum of strategy, ideas, design and production to simplify process and improve customer brand experiences.
Kalido is part of the IVE Group, formerly known as Blue Star Group Australia. IVE consists of 3 operating divisions – Blue Star Group (which includes Blue Star Print, Blue Star Web, Blue Star Display, Blue Star Direct, Blue Star Connect and Blue Star Promote), IVEO (managed solutions) and Kalido (creative and marketing services).
IVE Group employs 1,000 talented and committed people across its operations in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Brisbane. The Group services all major industry sectors including financial services, publishing, retail, healthcare, communications, property, clubs and associations, not-for-profit, utilities, manufacturing, education and government.
The Kalido Content & Motion Manager will act as part director, part sound person and part editor. The role will be in charge of producing content pieces for a wide variety of corporate clients, as well as in-house promotional videos for the agency.
The role will work in our studio, on location when required, and be a part of our post-production team editing and preparing video content that meets our clients brief whilst assisting the Creative and Production departments and be able to apply a wide range of concepts, practices and procedures.
The role will be required to use a strong working knowledge of the latest shooting styles, techniques, software and equipment; as well as continually researching, seeking out inspiration and providing recommendations on how to ensure quality, highly creative and innovative video content.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Manage internal facilities and work closely with creative, operations and production employees to execute Kalido’s video strategy, properly set-up projects and manage stakeholder expectations on delivery
• Good communication skills and demonstrated team player
• Highly organised
• Collaborate with business partners to conceptualise and develop thoughtful video communications
• Self-starter that can manage and execute various projects simultaneously on all production aspects for video, including videography, directing, editing and distribution in a timely manner on deadline
• Handling all aspects of video animation from developing ideas with our creative and production departments through to execution
• Shoot a variety of styles of original and branded content, both in the field and in the studio, including testimonial pieces, training content, behind-the-scenes videos, long-form and any other additional content
• Set up audio and video equipment for in house and external location shoots
• Operate camera, video switcher, audio console, audio and video equipment to produce final material for clients
• Proactively introduce new ideas and styles of shooting/editing to ensure a continually fresh approach
• Act with proficiency in technical lighting and handling audio and video in the field and in the studio
• Operate and maintain proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment
• Act as in-house expert on equipment and work to build studio needs
Desirable skills and experience:
• Proficient in one or more of the following programs/software: Final Cut Pro, After effects, Avid, Magix or Edius
• Proficient in MS Powerpoint, Word and Excel
• Three to five years’ experience in a similar role
If you’re a talented Videographer/Editor and would like to apply please send your CV and show reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org