Aesthetica Short Film Festival is back from 8th to 11th November this year. We’ve got some amazing films from across the world scheduled for this year’s festival, including some superb entries from Australia. ASFF is an international festival of the best in short film that presents a sparkling programme of over 200 short films from 25 countries worldwide alongside guest screenings and masterclasses from the likes of BAFTA, Warp and Channel 4. The festival screens films in 15 stunning and historic locations across the city, combining the best in short film with a vibrant, friendly atmosphere to create an unforgettable cinematic experience. Described by Jay Anderson, Head of Film Culture at Creative England as ‘one of the most exciting new film events to emerge in recent years’, this fantastic event is sure to excite and delight visitors, whether film aficionados or curious cinematic explorers, and is an excellent medium through which international short film can reach new, enthusiastic audiences.
Here are just 5 of our highlights for 2012:
– Celebrate Warp’s 10th anniversary with a special guest screening and masterclass from Head of Production, Barry Ryan
– Experience cutting edge talent in our BAFTA-nominated shorts screening
– Get an insider’s view on the film industry with masterclasses from the likes of Hussein Currimbhoy (Programmer, Sheffield DocFest), Tabitha Jackson (Commissioning Editor, Channel 4) and Matt Greenhalgh (Screenwriter, Control, Nowhere Boy)
– Expand your network and share your thoughts with rising stars and industry leaders at our ‘Meet the Filmmakers’ event and Opening Ceremony
– See over 200 of the best in short film from over 25 countries worldwide, across 15 inspiring and historic venues