If you have the talent but you’re not getting the opportunities, this workshop will give you the tools and knowledge you need to maximise your chances of finding or creating work as a writer, director or actor.
You will learn:
• How to boost your appeal to producers, directors and theatre companies
• How to think about your artistic career with a business mind
• How to brand and market yourself
• What kind of CV, website, show reel and head shot producers want to see
• Producing skills: planning, preparation, production, post-production
• How to run an arts-based business
• How to find or create opportunities to get your work produced
• About industry roles and where you can find networking opportunities
Other areas covered in this workshop include publicity, budgeting, conduct and professionalism, marketing, parallel industries and more. All attendees will receive an Artist Resource Pack, which contains useful information, templates, theatre/marketing databases and checklists.
Pete Malicki has made his living from running businesses for the past 10 years, with the best part of his income coming from the arts. He is a producer (Short+Sweet, The Monologue Project, Crash Test Drama), a writing/acting teacher (New York Film Academy), literary manager, editor, director and recipient of 17 playwriting awards. Pete has produced literally over 1,000 plays and personally provided income of more than $10K to artists in the past 18 months.
For more information visit: http://www.BusinessSkillsForArtists.com
Date: Saturday 27 June 2015
Venue: New Theatre, 542 King Street, Newtown, NSW, 2042.
Cost: $85 (if paid before 26 Jun) or $100 on the day