DURATION: 12 weeks, Mon – Wed
CAUSEWAY FILMS is looking for an intern to join our team three days a week, starting from mid to late November. We seek a self-motivated, engaged, creative and highly organised individual who is hungry to learn about development and creative producing in the field of narrative filmmaking, through this supportive administrative position. Causeway is looking to grow our team to support our diverse and expanding slate of features and high-end television projects, and envisage that for the right applicant this internship would lead to further opportunities for a role within the company.
This internship position is unpaid, and will involve supporting Causeway’s producing team with the day-to-day running of the office, ranging from basic administrative and office tasks, through to more involved assistance with our projects in development. This is an opportunity to gain hands-on experience of the creative development of narrative feature and television making, by being an integral part of our small team, and working with two highly respected Australian producers.
- Highly organised, thorough worker and good attention to detail
- Positive, motivated and self-sufficient learner
- Can provide own computer and mobile phone
- Happy managing slightly less-glamorous but completely essential administrative and office duties (cleaning dishes, making coffee, taking out the rubbish, buying office supplies etc)
- High-quality writing skills
- Has been involved in one or more film projects, ideally in a producing role
- Good eye for design and layout
- Skilled communicator in the social media sphere
- Some knowledge and understanding of the Australian film industry
- Significant film-producing experience. Ideally has produced one or more narrative shorts
- Familiarity with website and image design programs
- In-depth knowledge of the Australian film industry
Please send your current CV with a cover letter of no more than one page addressing the selection criteria that includes two professional references, an explanation of why you are interested in the opportunity, the skills and experience you would bring to the role, and what you yourself would be aiming to get out of the internship, to firstname.lastname@example.org, by COB Monday 9 November.
ABOUT CAUSEWAY FILMS:
CAUSEWAY FILMS is a Sydney based production company focused on the development and production of high quality feature films and television drama. Helmed by producers Kristina Ceyton and Samantha Jennings, we are committed to making distinctive projects for the international market in collaboration with some of our industry’s most exciting talent. Causeway’s first feature, critically acclaimed psychological thriller THE BABADOOK by writer/director Jennifer Kent, had its World Premiere at SUNDANCE 2014, where it garnered exceptional reviews and phenomenal international sales. THE BABADOOK has already won over 35 international screen awards to date, including the 2015 AACTA award for Best Film (shared with THE WATER DIVINER), as well as the 2014 New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best First Film, and receiving a prestigious British Independent Film Awards Nomination. Causeway Films was awarded a Feature Enterprise business grant in 2014 by Screen Australia to progress its diverse, international slate.