Flickerfest, Australia’s premier International Short Film Festival celebrates our landmark 25th birthday in 2016, and is looking for a dynamic and passionate person with demonstrated arts experience and qualifications to join our team as Festival Coordinator. The position offers a 6-month contract commencing early November 2015.
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to play a pivotal role in helping grow and develop an internationally acclaimed and Academy ®Accredited short film festival. The festival takes place under the stars on Bondi Beach between 8 – 17 January 2016. There is enormous scope in this position for career experience and professional development. The job involves supporting the festival manager and director with all aspects of co-ordinating and running a 10-day festival and 50-venue national tour. The co-ordinator also assists with our successful distribution catalogue of short films for sale in Australia and around the world. This is a full-time, contract for 6 months with an option to extend after this time. Due to the nature of the role there will be times where additional hours are required (working late, weekends) especially during the festival period, 8 – 17 January when this is expected.
Applications in writing via email, addressing the selection criteria below, by 2 October 2015, 6pm.
Role: Flickerfest Festival Coordinator
Reports to: Flickerfest Festival Director and Festival Manager
Duration: 6-month contract commencing asap. General office hours Mon – Fri 10am – 6pm.
Salary: $48k per annum, pro rata plus super over 6 months contract period.
Location: Flickerfest Office, Bondi Pavilion, Bondi Beach Sydney.
• Tertiary qualifications and previous work experience preferably within an arts or festival environment.
• Demonstrated experience in/ and or knowledge of the entertainment/events industry.
• Self-motivated, highly organised and ability to pay great attention to detail.
• Can operate autonomously and use initiative while still working as part of a team.
• Demonstrated experience of supervising or managing both interns/volunteers and devising staff schedules.
• Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Highly developed computer skills in Word, Excel, Filemaker Pro. Some Photoshop/graphics skills are an advantage.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• General festival administration, including co-ordination of festival and competition entries and filmmaker information and freight.
• Assisting with festival programme and developing workshop schedule
• Implementation of new office systems.
• Basic web content management and social media.
• Liaison with external contractors.
• Development of sponsorships and co-ordination of sponsorship relationships
• Implementation of new marketing strategies and audience development initiatives.
• Assist with the running of the Flickerfest Short Film Bureau.
• Liaison with touring venues and coordination of the national tour and freight system in conjunction with the Tour Coordinator and Festival staff.
• Assistance with coordination of the Flickerfest distribution catalogue.
• Liaison with filmmakers regarding tickets and passes for festival.
• Programming and festival research online.
• Liaison with PR company to generate press releases and news stories.
• Create and update RSVP lists for invite-only events.