About the Emerging Filmmakers Fund (EFF)
The Emerging Filmmakers Fund supports new and emerging filmmakers in NSW by funding the production and post-production of short form projects. It provides a funded career development opportunity for creative teams, and encourages exploration, experimentation, and the chance to master the art of screen storytelling.
In partnership with Screen NSW, Metro Screen will support up to three projects with grants of up to $30,000 for the production and post-production of each project.
Each team will work with a Metro Screen appointed Executive Producer, who will offer their guidance and expertise to each project. Causeway Films will continue to be the EFF Executive Producer for the 2015 round.
Causeway Films is a partnership between Kristina Ceyton, who produced The Babadook (selected for Sundance 2014) and The Ground Beneath (short-listed for the Academy Awards and winner of the Rouben Mamoulian Dendy Award), and respected developer Sam Jennings whose short Deluge won the Grand Jury Prix at Clermont-Ferrand.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the next generation of filmmakers in NSW to further their careers.
Previous EFF recipients have had their films screened at A-List festivals internationally, including Cannes and Sundance, and have gone on to make successful feature films.
- Writer, director, producer teams (producer can’t be the director) with at least one credit screened online or at a film festival.
- Each team may include only one person who has substantial previous professional (ie paid) film or TV experience as a writer, director or producer.
- Key creatives (writer, director, producer) must be Australian citizens and NSW residents.
- The same team may submit only one application in each round. An individual may be attached as a key creative in up to two applications.
- At least one key creative in each team must not have been a previous EFF recipient.
- Encourage narrative, documentary, animation, experimental, multiplatform and webisodes.
- Projects will be a maximum of 15 mins in duration (20 mins in exceptional cases).
- Each project must be shot and produced entirely within NSW.