Primary and secondary student winners announced. The award presentation was hosted by Nat Geo Wild’s Ben Britton, and was followed by a special screening of all the winning productions on the big screen.
The student winners of the 2013 IPAF ATOM Awards are:
- Best Primary School Animation Visiting Grandpa, Table Cape Primary School, Tas.
- Best Primary School Film Production On the Bright Side, Holy Family School, Qld
- Best Middle School (7–10) Animation Lucy and the Lightbulb, Frances Fitzgerald, Immanuel Lutheran College, Qld
- Best Middle School (7–10) Film Production Morpheus, Sam Zagame, Scotch College, Vic.
- Best Senior Secondary Animation Fan Girl, Lachlan Pendragon, Stretton State College, Qld
- Best Senior Secondary Documentary Point A, Charlie Thomas and Tim Warburton-Roberts, Glenunga International High School, SA
- Best Senior Secondary Fiction The Big Game, Alexei Ymer-Welsby, Northcote High School, Vic.
- Best Senior Secondary Music Video Sleepless, Cohen Dix and Harry Cassell, Guildford Grammar School, WA
The ATOM Awards have been held annually for over thirty years, and are dedicated to enriching the relationship between the education sector and the screen industry. This year, we received over 600 entries from Australian and New Zealand filmmakers.
Australian Teachers of Media (ATOM), in conjunction with the Intellectual Property Awareness Foundation (IPAF), also announced the primary and secondary category winners of the inaugural My Story My Content short film competition at this event.
My Story My Content gives students the opportunity to make a 60-second short film or animation celebrating Australian screen creativity.
The 2013 My Story My Content winners are:
- Primary School/student/s category Why Do I Love Movies?, Jess Kammerman and Max Tooze, Warooka Primary School, SA
- Secondary School/student/s category Reality, Grace Griffith, Bright P–12 College, Vic.
ATOM would like to congratulate all the winners on their success and thank everyone who participated, including all entrants, judges, sponsors, volunteers and staff.
For more information about the 2013 IPAF ATOM Awards, or to stream the winning films online, visit: http://www.atomawards.org
For more information on My Story My Content, or to stream the winning short films online, visit: http://mystorymycontent.com