The Festivalists is an award-winning non-profit company founded in 2005. Based in Sydney, it finances, produces, programs and markets cultural events and film festivals. Dedicated to highlighting the work of under-represented artists and filmmakers, it is fiercely independent, highly dynamic and fast-growing. This is unique opportunity to hit the ground running with a diverse, challenging job in the short term, recruit and manage a team in the long term as the position evolves into that of Marketing Manager. It’s a rare chance to join a small team with a wide portfolio of responsibilities. Apply your marketing and fundraising skills in the high-pressure environment of events management, be part of our meteoric growth and make your mark on Sydney’s cultural scene!
We are looking to recruit a full-time Marketing & Sponsorship Coordinator to raise funds and promote a series of events, including:
· Jurassic Lounge, weekly pop-up bar & live performances at the Australian Museum
· Possible Worlds, Sydney’s Canadian Film Festival
· Access All Areas Film Festival, increasing access for people with a disability
· Young at Heart, Sydney’s Seniors Film Festival
· Pop-up bar and industry events at the Sydney Film Festival
· Live outdoor music stage at the Seymour Centre
· Monthly short film & music night Kino Sydney
The permanent, salaried position is full time starting as soon as possible. We are seeking a committed individual to join the team on a long-term basis, increasing their responsibilities and event portfolio in parallel with the growth of the company.
Application deadline: 22nd April 2013
Please send a brief cover letter describing one successful fundraising experience and one marketing campaign you’re particularly proud of. Please attach a CV with references. For full job description and application details visit: http://www.thefestivalists.com