Want to work with Metro Screen, the independent filmmakers hub offering project development and funding, practical and creative training, regular filmmaker events, along with gear, studio and post-production facilities?
We’re looking for the right person to lead the organisation’s graphic design and website needs by building its style and brand strength with energy, efficiency and creativity. The chosen candidate will update, develop and maintain Metro Screen’s website and other online spaces to allow greater usability and brand advancement. Reporting directly to the Marketing Manager this position provides an interesting variety of tasks and ample opportunity for innovation.
The position is for two-to-three days a week paid at $50,000 pro rata plus superannuation. There is a six-month probation period.
• Create new pages and features on website.
• Design graphics for Metro Screen promotional materials including all online sites, flyers, posters, online and print ads, email templates, blog and newsletter in Campaign Monitor and other materials as they arise.
• Update content on both our websites: http://www.metroscreen.org.au via WordPress and http://www.metroscreen.nsw.edu.au via our Content Management System, OnCourse.
• Design and deliver internal and external stationery including letterhead, comp slips, envelopes, business cards, enrolment forms, programs, course booklets, cover sheets, annual report and other items.
• Control the style guide and logo guide in liaison with Manager.
• Maintain and update a useful image library in liaison with Manager.
• Assist other activities related to the Marketing Department for Metro Screen.
• Graphic design skills and experience in both web and print environment with qualifications preferred.
• Proven website design and implementation skills.
• Experience working with Campaign Monitor and a Content Management System, [ours is OnCourse].
• Understanding of brand awareness strategies.
• Experience in using: Adobe Suite including: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator, plus experience with an FTP application.
• Experience in After Effects desirable.
Applications must include all of the following or they will not be considered for the position:
- Covering letter outlining how this part-time job will fit with you
(a). Summary of work that addresses the key accountabilities and selection criteria
(b). Examples of at least two urls of websites you have designed and implemented
- Three examples of graphic design work you have designed sent as a pdf
- Resume including three referees with contact details included
Katrina Tucker, Marketing Manager
Metro Screen, PO Box 299 Paddington 2021, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 03 August 2015 [NB: Preferred start date August].