Presented by the Australian Writers’ Guild, Platform X: The Multiplatform Storytelling Competition, is a unique opportunity for Australian writers to expand their skills in interactive and multiplatform storytelling.
• Eight writers from NSW and the ACT will be selected to take part in an intensive two-day weekend masterclass run by Head of Story Development for Portal Entertainment Mike Jones, focusing on project development and cross platform writing skills.
• A post-master class concept review with Mike Jones and award-winning producer Ester Harding, followed by a pitching session to an audience of designers, technologists, producers and writers at the Storycode Meet Up.
What we are looking for:
• Engaging storyworlds that have the potential to span across traditional, new and interactive platforms.
• A narrative concept that can drive experiences beyond a single plot or a single platform and encapsulate a clear role for the audience to participate or play.
• Creators with a strong sense of audience, engagement and genre as well as projects that will compel audiences to immerse themselves and become active within a rich experience.
• You do not have to be a technology expert. We are looking for writers with vision and ideas for constructing narratives across media platforms.
How to apply:
For competition rules and to enter please click on this link:
Applications must be received or posted by Monday 18 May 2015