We are currently seeking a highly motivated person for the following position.
Position: Program Coordinator
1. Salary and conditions: approx. 54K (depending on experience) plus 9% superannuation. Permanent appointment subject to 3 months probationary period. Working conditions (hours, entitlements) apply.
2. You will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following tasks:
(1) Plan and Coordinate events and projects to promote Japanese culture, mainly supporting Japanese Language Education. Liaise with other program coordinators, Japanese teachers and relevant parties/organizations.
(2) Administrate Grant programs related to Japanese Language Education.
(3) Other duties relating to event coordination as instructed by the Director and the Managers.
3. Selection criteria:
(1) Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
(2) Intermediate to advanced written and verbal communication skills in Japanese
(3) Proficiency across the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
(4) Demonstrated organisational and communication skills
(5) Demonstrated attention to detail
(6) Self-motivated, with the ability to work autonomously, but also in a team
(7) Flexibility and time management skills; ability to manage competing deadlines across a variety of tasks
(8) Strong interest in cultural exchange between Australia and Japan
(9) Australian national or permanent resident visa holders only
(1) Experience in event and program coordination
(2) Experience using social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
(3) Experience using databases
4. Application must:
(1) Include a cover letter and resume in English;
(2) Address all the selection criteria;
(3) Include the names, addresses and/or email details of at least 2 referees;
(4) A written essay on your understanding of Japanese Language Education in Australia today. (800 words, in English)
5. Commencement Date: From 1 June, 2013
6. Application deadline: Friday 10 May 2013. Applications accepted in hard copy only. All applications should be mailed to:
The Japan Foundation, Sydney
Shop 23, Level 1, Chifley Plaza, 2 Chifley Square
Sydney NSW 2000
*We will not accept online applications.
For enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org