This is an exciting new position in a growing company working in virtual reality and immersive 360 degree video. You will be working as an assistant to our technology director in a varied and hands-on role, which will differ from day-to-day.
We are looking for someone with a diverse skill-set and an ability and willingness to learn and adapt to new technology. The role involves a mix of IT and traditional film industry post-production skills. It would suit a recent IT and/or media arts or film school graduate, or someone currently working in these industries looking to progress into virtual reality filmmaking.
• Video compositing with After Effects, Nuke or Flame
• Video editing with Premiere (preferred) or FCP X
• Confidence with Mac and Windows operating systems
• Data management – ability to reliably back-up and manage large media files using large capacity RAID hard-drive systems
The following skills are not essential but would be highly advantageous:
• Unity and/or Unreal Engine 4
• Android and/or iOS programming
• HTML, CSS and other web skills, including WordPress familiarity
• Developing apps, games or experiences for the Oculus Rift or other head-mounted-displays
• 360 degree video stitching and/or panoramic photography stitching
• Stereoscopic 3D capture and/or post experience
• Knowledge of video formats, codecs and compression
• Up-to-date knowledge of camera systems, cinematography, lenses and optics
• Audio recording and editing skills using field recorders and DAW software
• Design skills with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
We want to hear from you even if your expertise and experience only covers some of the above skill sets. On-the-job training will be provided. If you’re passionate about post-production, cameras or computer tech and are willing to learn about a whole new world of virtual reality video production, get in touch.
Please submit your application to email@example.com with an up-to-date resume, short cover letter, and link to your relevant online portfolio or showreel ASAP.