It’s that time of the year again! Vivid Sydney is returning in 2015 and we need wonderful volunteers to help make it a great event. We are extremely excited to announce that we will be running a volunteer program for Vivid 2015! If you were involved last year, you will be excited to hear that the program is expanding and the volunteer team will comprise 400+ volunteers!!!
Vivid Sydney is a unique annual event of light, music and ideas, featuring an outdoor ‘gallery’ of extraordinary lighting sculptures, a cutting-edge contemporary music program, some of the world’s most important creative industry forums and, of course, the spectacular illumination of the Sydney Opera House sails.
For all our interstate friends, we have included you in this Sydney opportunity as it may be a great chance to visit Sydney and volunteer. Last year we had quite a few interstate volunteers! However, please note no interstate travel or accommodation costs will be covered for volunteers.
What is involved with volunteering for Vivid?
• A minimum of five shifts over the period Fri 22 May–Mon 8 June
• There will be a compulsory Volunteer Briefing (date and location TBC)
• You must be 18 years or over
• All shifts are in the evening, starting around 5pm and ending around midnight. (You must be able to start promptly at 5pm, stay until midnight, and get home after this.)
• City locations: Circular Quay, The Rocks, Walsh Bay, Darling Harbour and Martin Place (there will be no volunteers in the expanded Vivid locations of Chatswood or Parramatta)
• Volunteer roles are Information Booth and Light Walk Installation Assistants
• Phone interviews will take place in the coming weeks
Volunteering at Vivid Sydney is a wonderful experience and an incredible opportunity to get involved in a major Sydney event. So, if you are looking for a fun way to spend your evenings this May, come and join the team!
As a Vivid volunteer you will receive:
• Exclusive Vivid Sydney volunteer uniform
• Meal while volunteering
• Certificate of appreciation
• Volunteer thank you event
• Satisfaction from being part of one of Sydney’s biggest events!
If reading this excites you, have you ever considered becoming a Team Leader? We are looking for around 25 volunteers to step up and help run different precincts across the event. You will be required to lead a small team of volunteers and assist them to help the event run smoothly. Team Leaders are required to commit to nine shifts in the 18 day period and will be required to attend a Team Leader meeting in addition to the volunteer briefing.
If you have any questions about volunteering for Vivid, please email: email@example.com or phone: 0477 499 130
Register to volunteer and why not tell your other volunteering friends about the opportunity!